Campus Recreation Mission Statement
The Mission of the Department of Campus Recreation is to provide intentional experiential opportunities for students and the UNCG community that promote healthy behaviors and foster student development.
Campus Recreation Vision Statement
Our vision is to shape the collegiate recreation experience by inspiring and enriching healthy lifestyles, one person at a time.
Campus Recreation Values
- We provide opportunities and resources for professional development.
- We challenge ourselves to continuously learn and develop.
- We are lifelong learners, educators, and mentors.
- We strive for ongoing intentional improvements (always improving).
- We bring our best selves, every day.
- We do the right thing for the right reasons.
- We are good role models for the UNCG community.
- We demonstrate personal excellence and accountability.
- We value light heartedness and humor in daily interactions.
- We enjoy camaraderie in the workplace.
- We all have a passion for recreation.
- We believe that positive energy is gained through work/life balance.
- We find strength in diversity and value all individuals.
- We value an environment where everyone has a voice.
- We strive to offer programming and facilities that can be enjoyed by all.
- We are stronger as a team.
- Questions are free.
- We communicate positively and effectively.
- We foster a culture of open dialogue.
- We seek collaborative opportunities.
- We are evolving.
- We support and encourage forward thinking and new ideas.
UNCG seeks to comply fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Participants who have questions regarding accessibility or who would like to request specific accommodations based on disability should contact the Department of Campus Recreation as soon as possible. Please note that services or equipment considered to be of a personal nature are the responsibility of the guest. Please contact the Department of Campus Recreation with any questions.
Assumption of Risk
Recreational activities within Campus Recreation at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro (UNCG) present inherent known and unknown risks including, but not limited to, serious personal injury or death. Although UNCG has taken reasonable measures to ensure the safety of Campus Recreation equipment and facilities, participants voluntarily assume any and all risks associated with the their participation in recreational activities. UNCG does not carry health or accident insurance to cover injuries and medical care for participants. Accordingly, participants are strongly encouraged to acquire their own insurance.