Welcome to Active U!
Active U is an employee wellness program designed to encourage UNCG Faculty/Staff to become more active by participating in a weekly cardio/strength group fitness class hosted by the Student Recreation Center. All programs are offered in collaboration with HealthyUNCG
ActiveU / MindfulU Schedule
ActiveU/MindfulU will offer classes June 2nd – July 28th. All classes will take place in the Student Recreation Center Fitness Studio from 12:00PM – 1:00PM on Tuedays (unless otherwise noted). Please see the schedule above. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle and wear comfortable exercise apparel.
Aqua Aerobics Use the water’s natural resistance to improve cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, and endurace while decreasing stress on joints. Classes will be held Thursdays, June 4thth from 12:00pm – 1:00pm. Participants should meet in the SRC Lobby at 11:45am to walk over to Rosenthal Pool together.
*Schedules are subject to change
Noon-ball will take place in the Student Recreation Center basketball courts #2 and #3 on Wednesday from 12pm – 1:30pm. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate. Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle, and workout clothes including non-marking shoes to enjoy the games.
- All UNCG Faculty/Staff must present an ID at the Student Recreation Center front desk to gain access to the facility for ActiveU noon-ball. You must be an active UNCG Faculty/Staff to be eligible for free access through ActiveU.
- Guest may be sponsored by UNCG Faculty/Staff, however guests must pay the $6 guest fee and be sponsored by an ActiveU participant. This pass only allows guest to play in the noon-ball games while accompanied by their sponsor at all times. It does not grant them access to the rest of the facility.
- Participation by UNCG Faculty/Staff in ActiveU noon-ball grants access to the locker rooms (including the showers) and the noon-ball basketball games. Non-SRC Members are not permitted to use the rest of the facility unless they purchase a Student Recreation Center Membership.
- Towel service can be purchased for $10 a semester if you would like the Student Recreation Center to provide a fresh towel for you each time you come visit.
- Active U participants are expected to follow all Student Recreation Center guidelines. See Campus Recreation Facilities Policies for the remainder of the SRC guidelines.
5K Training Program
We are currently offering a couch to 5K training program open to students and UNCG Employee that will lead up to UNCG Homecoming 5K. Please visit this link to learn more about this program.