Welcome to Active U!
Active U is an employee wellness program designed to encourage UNCG Faculty/Staff to become more active by participating in a weekly fitness class hosted by the Student Recreation Center, in partnership with HealthyUNCG
ActiveU Group Exercise Schedule
All classes will take place in the Student Recreation Center Fitness Studio from 12:00PM – 1:00PM (unless otherwise noted) on Fridays. Please see below for the schedule. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle and wear comfortable exercise apparel.
MindfulU Exercise Schedule
New for the Spring 2014: MindfulU classes focus on slow movements and relaxation techniques. All classes will take place in the Student Recreation Center Fitness Studio or TRX Studio from 12:00PM – 1:00PM (unless otherwise noted) on Tuesdays. Please see below for the schedule. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle and wear comfortable exercise apparel.
Noon-ball will take place in the Student Recreation Center basketball courts #2 and #3 on Wednesday from 12pm – 1:30pm. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate. Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle, and workout clothes including non-marking shoes to enjoy the games.
- All UNCG Faculty/Staff must present an ID at the Student Recreation Center front desk to gain access to the facility for ActiveU noon-ball. You must be an active UNCG Faculty/Staff to be eligible for free access through ActiveU.
- Guest may be sponsored by UNCG Faculty/Staff, however guests must pay the $6 guest fee and be sponsored by an ActiveU participant. This pass only allows guest to play in the noon-ball games while accompanied by their sponsor at all times. It does not grant them access to the rest of the facility.
- Participation by UNCG Faculty/Staff in ActiveU noon-ball grants access to the locker rooms (including the showers) and the noon-ball basketball games. Non-SRC Members are not permitted to use the rest of the facility unless they purchase a Student Recreation Center Membership.
- Towel service can be purchased for $10 a semester if you would like the Student Recreation Center to provide a fresh towel for you each time you come visit.
- Active U participants are expected to follow all Student Recreation Center guidelines. See Campus Recreation Facilities Policies for the remainder of the SRC guidelines.
Couch to 5k
We are proud to offer our Couch to 5K training program. Sessions will be held every Monday & Wednesday from 5:00pm – 6:00pm between February 17th & April 12th. Registration ends February 17th.
Click here to download the flyer.
*SRC Membership is not required