Welcome to Active U!
Active U is an employee wellness program designed to encourage UNCG Faculty/Staff to become more active by participating in a weekly cardio/strength group fitness class hosted by the Student Recreation Center. All programs are offered in collaboration with HealthyUNCG
ActiveU / MindfulU Schedule
ActiveU/MindfulU will offer classes September 8th – November 20th. Please check the class schedule for class locations. MindfulU classes will be held Tuesdays from 12:00pm – 1:00pm. ActiveU classes are held Fridays 11:30am – 12:30pm. For classes that require reservations, participants are asked to register through Google Document. Email email@example.com to request access to the document. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle and wear comfortable exercise apparel.
Aqua Aerobics Use the water’s natural resistance to improve cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, and endurace while decreasing stress on joints.
*Schedules are subject to change
Noon-ball will take place in the Student Recreation Center basketball courts #2 and #3 on Wednesday from 12pm – 1:30pm. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate. Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle, and workout clothes including non-marking shoes to enjoy the games.
- All UNCG Faculty/Staff must present an ID at the Student Recreation Center front desk to gain access to the facility for ActiveU noon-ball. You must be an active UNCG Faculty/Staff to be eligible for free access through ActiveU.
- Guest may be sponsored by UNCG Faculty/Staff, however guests must pay the $6 guest fee and be sponsored by an ActiveU participant. This pass only allows guest to play in the noon-ball games while accompanied by their sponsor at all times. It does not grant them access to the rest of the facility.
- Participation by UNCG Faculty/Staff in ActiveU noon-ball grants access to the locker rooms (including the showers) and the noon-ball basketball games. Non-SRC Members are not permitted to use the rest of the facility unless they purchase a Student Recreation Center Membership.
- Towel service can be purchased for $10 a semester if you would like the Student Recreation Center to provide a fresh towel for you each time you come visit.
- Active U participants are expected to follow all Student Recreation Center guidelines. See Campus Recreation Facilities Policies for the remainder of the SRC guidelines.
5K Training Program
We are currently offering a couch to 5K training program open to students and UNCG Employee that will lead up to UNCG Homecoming 5K. Please visit this link to learn more about this program.