Welcome to Active U!
Active U is an employee wellness program designed to encourage UNCG Faculty/Staff to become more active by participating in a weekly fitness class hosted by the Student Recreation Center, in partnership with HealthyUNCG
Beginning in the Fall 2013, ActiveU is expanding to offer a wider range of activities for UNCG Employees.
ActiveU Group Exercise Schedule
All classes will take place in the Student Recreation Center Fitness Studio from 12:00PM – 1:00PM. Please see below for the schedule. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle and wear comfortable exercise apparel.
ActiveU Back to Basic Seminars
This program is an opportunity for employees to get personal instruction on basic fitness principles to gain comfort and mastery of movements commonly used in group fitness Active U classes. This program will allow trainers to assess and correct issues in movement technique and allow employees to gain a comprehensive knowledge of fitness principles. In addition, this program helps employees create a workout plans to incorporate throughout their day.
A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle, and wear comfortable exercise apparel.
- September 25 –Walk and Talk with your Trainer
- October 9 –Back to Basics: Lower Body
- *October 18 – Exercising at Home
- October 23 –Stress Management Exercises
- November 6 – Exercising at Work
- *November 15 –Back to Basics: Upper Body
- November 20 –Small Group/Interval Training
* Friday Evening Classes
Wednesday Nights: Racquetball Court 3
Friday Nights: Basketball Court 3
Noon-ball will take place in the Student Recreation Center basketball courts #2 and #3 on Wednesday from 12pm – 1:30pm. A SRC Membership is NOT required to participate. Simply bring your UNCG Staff ID, a towel, water bottle, and workout clothes including non-marking shoes to enjoy the games.
- All UNCG Faculty/Staff must present an ID at the Student Recreation Center front desk to gain access to the facility for ActiveU noon-ball. You must be an active UNCG Faculty/Staff to be eligible for free access through ActiveU.
- Guest may be sponsored by UNCG Faculty/Staff, however guests must pay the $6 guest fee and be sponsored by an ActiveU participant. This pass only allows guest to play in the noon-ball games while accompanied by their sponsor at all times. It does not grant them access to the rest of the facility.
- Participation by UNCG Faculty/Staff in ActiveU noon-ball grants access to the locker rooms (including the showers) and the noon-ball basketball games. Non-SRC Members are not permitted to use the rest of the facility unless they purchase a Student Recreation Center Membership.
- Towel service can be purchased for $10 a semester if you would like the Student Recreation Center to provide a fresh towel for you each time you come visit.
- Active U participants are expected to follow all Student Recreation Center guidelines. See Campus Recreation Facilities Policies for the remainder of the SRC guidelines.
Couch to 5k
We are proud to introduce our Couch to 5K training program. Sessions will be held every Monday / Wednesday / Friday from 4:00pm – 5:00pm between September 6 & October 25. Registration ends August 30.
Click here to download the flyer.
*SRC Membership is not required