Welcome to Active U!
Active U is an employee wellness program designed to encourage UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff to become more active by participating in a weekly cardio/strength group fitness class hosted by the Department of Recreation & Wellness. All programs are offered in collaboration with HealthyUNC Greensboro
ActiveU / MindfulU Schedule
ActiveU/MindfulU will offer classes January 25th – April 22nd. Please check the class schedule for class locations. MindfulU classes will be held Mondays from 12:00pm – 1:00pm. ActiveU classes are held Fridays 12:00pm – 1:00pm. For classes that require reservations, participants are asked to register through Google Document. Email email@example.com to request access to the document. A Kaplan Center Membership is NOT required to participate! Simply bring your UNC Greensboro Staff ID, a towel, water bottle and wear comfortable exercise apparel.
Aqua Aerobics Use the water’s natural resistance to improve cardiovascular fitness, muscle strength, and endurace while decreasing stress on joints.
*Schedules are subject to change
Noon-ball will take place in the Kaplan Center basketball courts #2 and #3 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12pm – 1:30pm. A Kaplan Center Membership is NOT required to participate. Simply bring your UNC Greensboro Staff ID, a towel, water bottle, and workout clothes including non-marking shoes to enjoy the games.
- All UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff must present an ID at the Kaplan Center front desk to gain access to the facility for ActiveU noon-ball. You must be an active UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff to be eligible for free access through ActiveU.
- Guest may be sponsored by UNC Greensboro Faculty/Staff, however guests must pay the $6 guest fee and be sponsored by an ActiveU participant. This pass only allows guest to play in the noon-ball games while accompanied by their sponsor at all times. It does not grant them access to the rest of the facility.
- Participation by UNCG Faculty/Staff in ActiveU noon-ball grants access to the locker rooms (including the showers) and the noon-ball basketball games. Non-Kaplan Center Members are not permitted to use the rest of the facility unless they purchase a Kaplan Center Membership.
- Towel service can be purchased for $10 a semester if you would like the Kaplan Center to provide a fresh towel for you each time you come visit.
- Active U participants are expected to follow all Kaplan Center guidelines. See Recreation & Wellness Facilities Policies for the remainder of the facility guidelines.
5K Training Program
We are currently offering a couch to 5K training program open to students and UNC Greensboro Employee that will lead up to UNC Greensboro Homecoming 5K. Please visit this link to learn more about this program.