Our UNCG Fitness leadership team can offer a special program to your department or organization free of charge. Please see all program offerings below. To apply for a special program complete the Special Program Request Form two weeks prior to the event and submit to email@example.com. *A minimum of 5 participants is REQUIRED for a program. If minimum quota is not met an administrative fee will be charged.
Choose from one of these programs
- Exercise 101 – This session discusses the definition of fitness, components of fitness and how students can take advantage of the Student Recreation Center for their fitness needs.
- Trends in Fitness – This workshop discusses the trends in the fitness industry.
- Stress Management – There are many times in our lives when stress can be difficult to manage. This workshop teaches participants strategies in dealing with stress.
Yoga, Pilates and Mind/Body
- Pilates focuses on lengthening and stretching the entire body while focusing on core stabilization and breathing.
- Yoga involves flowing movements and poses that focuses on strength, endurance and flexibility.
- In a meditation workshop participants will learn what meditation is, how to practice and experience a few meditation exercises.
- We are open to any ideas or suggestions you may have to fit your club/organization and their needs.
- Reserve a space prior to applying
- Must apply 2 weeks prior to event date
- Complete the Special Program Request Form completely and include an alternate date
- There is a 24 hour cancellation policy
- Must have a minimum of 5 participants
Download this PDF: Fitness Special Program Request Form
Service Learning Project
To expose K-12 students to lifelong physical activity and movements other than traditional sports by teaching group fitness classes such as Yoga, Dance Fitness and Boot Camp.
Benefits for Everyone
• Communication skills
• Presentation skills
• Organization and time management skills
• Instilling civic responsibility
• Learning the importance of an active, healthy lifestyle
• Improves self-esteem
• Understanding healthy behaviors
Schools We Have Visited
Northern Guilford Middle School
If your school is interested in participating in this program or would like more information please contact Sarah Cheffy at firstname.lastname@example.org.