Family Membership Fee: $10 per month (paid in the Recreation & Wellness Administrative Suite)
Recreation & Wellness offers weekend hours for families to enjoy fitness and recreational sports together and bring in family members to the facility. The Family Weekend hours are Friday 5pm to 9pm, Saturday 10am to 7pm and Sunday 12pm to 11pm. Hours will vary during holiday and academic breaks.
To participate in family recreation hours, one person must be a member of the Kaplan Center. A member is a current UNC Greensboro student or a UNC Greensboro affiliated, paying member of the Kaplan Center. Current UNC Greensboro students’ parents are welcome during family weekend hours when accompanied by the student.
Here are some guidelines for the Family Recreation program:
- For the family recreation program, “family members” are defined as the member’s spouse or life mate/partner and their children.
- Brothers and sisters are eligible to use the Kaplan Center if they are 18 years or older, sponsored by a current member, and pay a $6 guest pass fee.
- Any child under the age of 18 is eligible to use the Kaplan Center only if she or he is accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Any child under the age of 18 is only eligible to utilize the Kaplan Center during Weekend Hours (Friday 5pm-9pm, Saturday 10am-7pm, and Sunday 12pm-11pm).
- A minor participant waiver must be completed by the parent or legal guardian for each child under 18.
- Children under the age of 17 are not eligible to use the weight rooms or cardio equipment.