Evidence from our 2009-2010 study on participation in the Student Recreation Center indicated “lack of parking” as the highest reported cause for canceled memberships. We have addressed this concern through our new collaborative effort with UNCG Parking Operations and Campus Access Management.
All SRC members may request a UNCG parking pass from the Department of Campus Recreation for the lot directly across from the SRC (Parking Lot 9 North) during designated hours. Fall and Spring semester hours are Monday – Friday 6am – 8am and 4pm – 11pm, and weekends. During the summer the hours are Monday – Friday 6:30am -11am and 4pm until closing, and weekends. Parking passes can be obtained from the Campus Recreation Administrative Office located on the 4th floor of the SRC.
Students are not eligible to receive a Student Rec Center parking pass. Students must contact the Office of Parking Services to find their options for on-campus parking.
Finding a parking spot is not guaranteed, but we hope this effort will make it more convenient for members to get to the SRC and enjoy getting fit!
Parking Passes for Faculty/Staff/Alumni and Additional Members Only.
- There is no extra charge for the parking pass and it is only valid for the duration of your active SRC membership.
- Members may request a parking pass for use during designated hours in parking lot 9 North, directly across from the Student Recreation Center and adjacent to the baseball stadium.
- The pass is valid Monday – Friday from 6am to 8am and Monday – Friday 4pm – 11pm, and weekends. The pass is not valid for use Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm.
- The pass is not valid for use in handicap accessible spaces, reserved spaces, service areas, or other areas not designated for permitted parking.
- Parking is on a space available basis; the pass does not guarantee parking availability.
- SRC Member parking passes are issued by Campus Recreation in the SRC 4th floor Administrative Office during normal business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm.
- The member must provide the car make, model, body type, and color and the car license plate number.
- The pass must be displayed on the member’s vehicle dashboard to park at any available meter or other A/B/C/E permit space located in Lot 9 North.
- A parking pass issued to a member can be used only by the member; there is a penalty for reproduction, alteration, unauthorized possession, or resale.
- Failure to comply with University parking regulations may result in ticketing, booting, towing, and/or loss of parking privileges.