Trips and Events Schedule
- UNCG students, faculty, and staff are eligible to participate in Outdoor Adventures trips and events.
- Each eligible participant may bring 1 non-UNCG guest per trip at the guest rate. The minimum guest age is 16 and there must also be pre-approval by the Outdoor Adventures professional staff.
How to reserve a spot on a trip:
- Trip registrations can only take place in-person at Outdoor Adventures Rental & Trip Center during regular business hours. You may register a guest without them present, but you will need to pay for their spot at the time of registration.
- Trips are filled on a first come, first served basis. Outdoor Adventures cannot hold spots without payment.
- All participants must complete a Policies Acknowledgment & Assumption of Risk, Release, and Indemnity Agreement and a Health Statement (PDF) at registration. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent/legal guardian signature.
- Payment is required to secure a spot on a trip. Trips less than $100 require full payment and trips more than $100 require a 50% deposit or full payment. Some trips may have a larger deposit which will be explained at registration.
Cancellation and refund policies:
- It is the participant’s responsibility to understand the cancellation and refund policy for the trip(s) they are registering for. Cancellations must be made 10 BUSINESS DAYS prior trip departure date to receive a refund minus a $15 cancellation fee. Funds may be transferred to another trip if cancelled 10 business days prior to your trip departure date and the cancellation fee will be waived. Cancellations that occur within 10 business days of trip departure will receive NO REFUND regardless of the circumstances. 100% refunds will be provided if Outdoor Adventures cancels the trip for any reason. Some trips may have an earlier final payment & different cancellation policy which will be explained at time of registration.
- Refund requests can only be processed during hours of operation.
- Selling a spot for a trip you cannot attend is not permitted. In addition, Outdoor Adventures does not issue credit for trips not attended.
How do I register for a trip?
All trip registrations are done in person at the Outdoor Adventures office, located on the side of the Student Recreation Center, directly across from the HHP building. Trips are first-come, first-served. To secure your spot, you must pay in full (or pay the designated deposit amount for trips over $100). You will also be expected to complete some paperwork upon registration, so prepare to spend about 15-20 minutes on the overall registration process.
Who can go on Outdoor Adventure’s trips?
UNCG students, faculty/staff and SRC members are eligible to participate. Each eligible participant is allowed 1 non-UNCG guest per trip at the guest rate. Participants under 18 years of age must gain approval and have forms signed by their parent/legal guardian before registering for a trip.
What does the trip cost cover?
- Transportation: typically 15-passanger van
- Meals: all overnight trips and most day trips, excluding meals on the road
- Instruction: our well-trained staff with teach you all you need to know!
- Equipment: everything from eating utensils to rain gear, we have you covered.
- Accommodations: campsite & permit fees
Do I need previous experience?
Most trips are designed for beginners; however, some trips have prerequisites that must be met prior to the trip. For instance, coastal and whitewater kayaking trips require demonstrating a wet-exit (the process for exiting a capsized kayak) at the Rosenthal Pool prior to the trip. Any prerequisites will be explained at registration.
How physically demanding are the trips?
Outdoor Adventures trips are human powered and adventure-based, therefore, we expect some level of physical exertion from all of our trips. We rate our exertion levels as low, moderate, or strenuous. It is important to consider your current level of physical fitness and any other physical or mental limitations you may have when deciding to participant in any of our activities. For clarification on any activities and the difficulty, please do not hesitate to ask.
What is the pre-trip meeting?
All overnight trips have a mandatory pre-trip meeting that takes place the Wednesday before the trip departs. The date and time of the pre-trip meeting will be provided at registration. The goal of every meeting is to better prepare you for your experience. This includes reviewing trip policies, finalizing itineraries, discussing the meal plan, reviewing the packing list, and issuing equipment. As mentioned before, these meetings are mandatory. Participants should not register for the trip if they are not able to make the meeting. Any participant that does not attend the meeting will be dropped from the trip without refund.